Friday, April 15, 2016

Blessing of the Taxes


Blessing of the Taxes

Beatles song, "Tax Man" . 


Prayer:  Dear lover of my soul, Give me peace of mind today as I reflect on my taxes and struggle to fill out the forms and review my year.  Keep me calm and whisper a reminder to me of all the good reasons that I send money to my government every year.   I give thanks for all the ways that my tax dollar helps my life and provides a social safety-net for the most vulnerable amongst us. I also admit my frustration that there are so many ways I wish my taxes could be spent differently. Give me the strength and the vision to take my sacred duty as a citizen seriously.  I ask for a blessing on my taxes that this money goes to the places of greatest need for the common good. 
 In the name of the God of many names. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment