Friday, July 29, 2016

How I Learned I Was Praying Wrong

How I Learned I Was Praying Wrong

I don’t really think that the prayer has to look a certain way or sound a certain way to be heard by God. 
I don’t think that we have to be kneeled by a bed or locked in a prayer closet. And I don’t believe that a long prayer impresses Him or a short prayer disappoints Him.
I just think that He wants us to be honest with Him and to pray with whatever faith that we can muster. We can always pray with expectancy because God always hears and answers our prayers. It may not be a “Yes”, but it will always be what is best, whether we understand it or not. Tim Keller says, “God will either give us what we ask or give us what we would have asked if we knew everything He knows.”
Never forget that we pray to a God who works wonders (Psalm 77:14). A God who raises the dead and heals the brokenhearted (Psalm 147:3). A God who gives sight to the blind and strength to the weak (Isaiah 40:29). A God who is able to do far above anything we could ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20).
Don’t make the same mistake I did. Prayer is far too powerful to allow routine or religion to steal its’ effectiveness.

Tyler is a husband, dad, serious coffee drinker, and inspirational blogger with a passion to help others see Jesus as He truly is - a personal and relational God. Read more at TylerSpeegle.com


No comments:

Post a Comment