Monday, December 29, 2014

A Christian Veteran’s Farewell


A Christian Veteran’s Farewell – To  friends, family and comrades all I bid you farewell.  My tour of earthly duty has reached its end.  A new assignment begins with promises of fulfillment even greater than serving my country.  I am confident that I will pass the entrance exam as my new CO is one I have known most of my life.  He is the King of Kings, the Prince of Peace.
The location is a peaceful place, for the entire human race, where we can meet our comrades of battles past and be together with our departed at last.  I may on occasion march again with the Christian soldiers or hear the trumpets blow but no wars or fighting like below.  Overhead the only air corps are angels flying on silent wings.  So weep not for me.  My retirement is permanent now and the benefits are endless.  There is no pain or suffering here.
My only wish would be that you keep aflame the torch of liberty and keep a peace on earth that our young men and women might not die without knowing the love of a marriage and the blessings of a child’s birth.
So, farewell for now my loved ones, friends, and comrades.  Thank you for the honor you gave me, and your help in keeping our country free.  When your tour is through and taps sound for you, I will be here to welcome you.  Realize each day you have on earth that “God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment