Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Marriage-secular



The Commitment of Marriage

Eve and Glendis, will each make a statement, Eve first in English-

Then translated to Spanish;

Gendis in Spanish-

then translated to English



All of the following will be translated section into Spanish after the English text has been read


Vows

Eve and Glendis, if it is your intention to share with each other your joys and sorrows and all that the years will bring, with your promises bind yourselves to each other as husband and wife.

Eve: Repeat after me:
I, Eve take you, Glendis, to be my husband
and I promise before these witnesses,
to be your loving and faithful wife,
in plenty and want, in joy and sorrow,
in sickness and health,
from this day forward,
and throughout our lives.

Glendis: Repeat after me:
I, Glendis, take you Eve, to be my wife
and I promise before these witnesses
to be your loving and faithful husband,
in plenty and want, in joy and sorrow,
in sickness and health,
from this day forward,
and throughout our lives.

Exchange of Rings

Eve I give you this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness.
Glendis I give you this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness.

Declaration

Eve and Glendis, by their promises in the presence of these witnesses, have bound themselves to one another as husband wife. Those who have been joined together let no one pull apart.

Couple may kiss

Thanksgiving
We give thanks for the joy, which Eve and Glendis have found in each other, and ask that we too may gain such a sense of consonant love in our lives together.

   

Closing

May the power coming from the efforts of couples over time and space to create enduring marriages, establish and sustain you,  that you may find delight in each other and grow in love throughout your lives. 





Marriage-Ceremony
For
Eve & Glendis

At

1 Hazel Court, San Rafael
on
November 25, 2011

Gathering

We are gathered together to witness the love of Eve and Glendis for each other.  We are here to hear their promises to each other.  We reach out to Eve and Glendis with the power of this assembly to sustain them in the commitments to each other they make today.

Celebration of Love’s Passion
When love is found and hope comes home,
Sing and be glad that two are one.

When love explodes and fills the sky,
Rejoice and share this couple’s joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment