Monday, February 16, 2015

Hymn for Lent 1B


“O Love That Will Not Let Me Go” # 485 New Century Hymnal
1. O Love that will not let me go,
    I rest my weary soul in you;
    I give you back the life I owe,
    That in your ocean depths its flow
    May swell with ardor true.
2. O Light that follows all my way,
    to you I yield my flickering flame;
    Renew my spirit’s feeble ray,
    That from your brilliant sunlit day
    It may new brightness claim.
3. O joy that seeks me through my pain,
    to you, I can not close my heart;
    I trace the rainbow through the rain,
    And know the promise is not vain
    That you will ne’er depart.
4. O Cross that raises up my head,
    from you I dare not seek to flee;
    I lay in dust glory life’ glory dead,
    Life’s glories whiter and are dead
    from the ground there blossoms red
    Life that shall endless be.

No comments:

Post a Comment