Thursday, February 19, 2015

My Qualifications To Be An “On-Call” Preacher


My Qualifications To Be An “On-Call” Preacher

Pulpit Experience
            I was the pastor of three different churches: Am Urban one in Rochester, New York, a village parish in Cohocton, New York and a suburban one in Tiburon California. The first church was my first call.  I was ordained to serve Durand United Church. Then I served as acting Lutheran Pastor in my second and third charges.   

Lectionary Resources
            In the seven or eight years when I preached on a weekly basis, I always used the Revised Common Lectionary. So, I have sermons and sermon outlines on all two and half cycles of the church year. I also have an extensive personal library and access to seminary libraries.  

Ecumenical Connections
            I am a Presbyterian Elder. I was an United Methodist Lay Speaker. I served as an acting Lutheran Pastor, for about six years, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.  I am an Minster of Word and Sacrament in the United Church of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment