Sunday, January 25, 2015

Report of Activities with the United States Volunteers


Report of Activities with the United States Volunteers

            The United States Volunteers/America is a nation-wide veterans’ service organization, which traces its lineage back to Teddy Roosevelt’s “Rough Riders”. Its primary mission is providing final military honors to deceased veterans. These honors include the folding of the off the casket, its presentation to the family and or friends of the deceased, a firing detail and the playing of “Taps”
            As of January 17, 2015, I am a chaplain with the rank of captain in the USV/A. I have observed one grave-side service for an army vet and served as chaplain in a service for a navy veteran. Soon I will doing a service for a marine colonel. Look across our national cemeteries and you might see me in my dress blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment